Since it is October, (which is my favorite month of the year) everyone needs to know a good fall themed dessert & this is the one for me…
Here is my finished product^. It is SO fluffy and moist and, of course, delicious! Not to mention this is the easiest dessert I have made in awhile. You basically dump all of the ingredients into a bowl, blend with a hand mixer, and bake. This would be great to take to a party, give as a gift, or just make for yourself!
I got this recipe from a fellow blogger (kitchenmeetsgirl.com), except I made a few tweaks to this recipe : )
- 2 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 15-ounce can pumpkin
For the icing:
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350 F and spray a 9×13 pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, salt, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine eggs, sugar, oil, and pumpkin. Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture, and beat at low speed until combined and the batter is smooth. (I used a mixing bowl and blended the ingredients with a hand mixer)
- Spread batter into pan and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow cake to cool completely before frosting.
- To make the frosting, beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Add in the sugar and milk and mix at low speed until combined. Stir in the vanilla and mix again. Spread over cooled bars. Dust lightly with cinnamon, if desired.
This recipe will definitely get you into the spirit of fall & I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!! Xx