I’m going into my 11th week of doing Kayla Itsine’s work out program and the guide doesn’t leave much room for sweets, but unfortunately I still dream about them/crave them!! If you are trying to cut back on your deserts too, then give this a try! It has been my savior this past week when I really wanted a bite of something sweet and its SO SO simple.
What you’ll need:
1 Quest bar (any flavor)
1 teaspoon of peanut butter or almond butter
A dash of cinnamon
A few semi-sweet chocolate chips
I am using a Banana nut muffin Quest bar here, but I would highly recommend the brownie or chocolate chip cookie dough Quest bar for this recipe : )
(Typically, I cut one bar in half because I try to eat lighter around the evening time, but that is up to you and your dietary needs/preferences. I am not a certified dietitian*)
- Place one half of a Quest bar on a microwaveable friendly plate. (It will absorb and stick to a paper towel)
- Press down the middle of the bar with your fingers to make a little indention for some of the peanut/almond butter to sit.
- Spread your nut butter across the bar’s surface.
- Microwave for 15-20 seconds, then top with cinnamon or whatever other toppings you want to throw on there.
- It will be perfectly soft and warm! Especially the brownie or cookie dough, they taste JUST like a freshly baked brownie/cookie bite. YUM.
Calories: 105; Protein: 11 grams; Carbs: 12 grams; Fat: 5 grams